Kemmerer Village Foundation

As a private, not-for-profit child welfare agency, about 80% of the agency’s budget is based on revenue from the services we provide. The remaining 20% is funded by the generosity of individual donors and Church congregations.

Any gift not otherwise conditioned or limited by the donor shall be used to meet the mission of the Kemmerer Village Foundation whose sole purpose is to support the ministry of Kemmerer Village Inc.

How to Help

There are several ways for you to provide financial support to assist us in our mission to help children and families. Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the most frequently used methods by which a contribution can be made.

Gifts of Cash

There is no easier way to garner a charitable deduction for tax purposes – and support us at the same time – than by simply writing a check! Make sure your envelope is postmarked by December 31; if it is, your gift will qualify as a gift for that calendar year even if it is not received by us until the first week of the new year.

Memorial Giving

Memorial Gifts can be given in memory of a deceased friend or family member, keeping their caring influence alive while also providing a life changing opportunity for a child at Kemmerer Village. An acknowledgment of the gift will be sent to the family of the deceased, and a remembrance will be listed in our agency newsletter, the Kemmerer Voices. The amount of the gift is not shared.

Making an Honor Gift

Living Honor Gifts are a tribute to an individual or a loved one sharing your love and appreciation through a gift for the children at Kemmerer Village. They may be given to recognize special occasions such as a Birthday, Anniversary, Graduation, Retirement, to express gratitude, or “just because.” The individual receiving the tribute will receive a written acknowledgment of the gift, and the occasion will be listed in the next issue of the Kemmerer Voices. The amount of the gift is not shared.

Matching Gifts

Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. Check to see if your company participates in this program, request a matching gift form from your employer, and send it completed and signed with your gift. We will do the rest. The impact of your gift to our children may be doubled or possibly tripled!

Year-End Giving

While there are a variety of ways you can help vulnerable children, your tax-deductible gift to the Kemmerer Village Foundation is one of the easiest ways for you to ensure that these children get the assistance they need and deserve. You may want to support Kemmerer Village annually, through the Kemmerer Village Foundation, with a gift of cash or stock. These gifts are put to work immediately to help ensure the continuation of critically needed programs and services.

Planned Giving

Philanthropy is the act of donating money, goods, time or effort to support a charitable cause, usually over an extended period of time and in regard to a defined objective. Since 1914, Kemmerer Village has been the recipient of all of the above with our defined objective to improve the lives of the children and families in our care. Financial giving has always been vital to this mission. Throughout our history there have been lean times where those gifts, large and small, kept the lights and the heat on for the children in our care. Planned Giving will help to ensure that Kemmerer Village is always there to help.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the purpose of the Kemmerer Village Foundation?

The Foundation was established in 2009 to protect and provide oversight regarding the future assets of Kemmerer Village, as well as the gifts of our donors. All contributions to the foundation will be utilized for the sole purpose of furthering the mission of Kemmerer Village, today, tomorrow and well into the future.

Is my donation of cash or material goods to the Kemmerer Village Foundation tax deductible?

Yes. The Foundation is a designated 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. All contributions made to the Kemmerer Village Foundation, or Kemmerer Village are acknowledged and receipted by the Foundation and are deductible under section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Can my donation be designated for a certain purpose or need?

Yes. The Kemmerer Village Foundation is held to the highest ethical standards and will honor special designations upon request.

Does Kemmerer Village receive any fees-forservices?

Yes. However, not all expenses incurred in providing quality, age appropriate services to our youth are covered from our various State referral sources; thereby requiring additional funds to be secured in order to balance the budget.