Community Services Supervisor
Provides oversight for casework services provided to children in the Kemmerer Village Community Services program, serving as a direct supervisor for assigned Community Service staff as well as a field manager assuring effective coordination betweenagencty staff, foster parents, relative caregivers, referrals sources, and non-agency providers.
Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, occasional weekend days and adjusted work hours as needed to meet case needs.
1. Provide direct supervision to assigned Community Services Casework staff to ensure the needs of all children on the caseload are met. Includes monitoring of job competencies, provision of support and guidance, adherence to Kemmerer Village and DCFS missions and policies.
2. Responsible for monitoring all aspects of case planning and direction, including visit planning, service planning, and coordination of and participation in related and necessary meetings, reviews and hearings, permanency achievement, and completion of all related and required documentation.
3. Maintain communication with all members of the treatment team, including Director of Community Services, Parents, Foster Parents, Attorneys, etc.
4. Perform foster home licensing activities and/or oversee the performance of such activities by Community Service Casework Staff.
1. Master's Degree, in social work psychology, counseling or related field.
2. Minimum of three years' work experience in foster care or child welfare services, administrative experience preferred.
3. Must have a Child Welfare Employee License or the ability to obtain such license within the first 90 days of employment.
4. Must hold a valid Illinois Drivers License, safely operate a personal vehicle and maintain auto insurance in accordance with Kemmerer Village policy.
Community Services Clerk- Part Time
The Community Service Clerk provides assistance to foster care staff and clients through the community services program.
1. Responsible for effective communication within the comminity services department, including phone, fax, and email correspondence related to provision of services and all functions of the community services department both within the agency and with agencies or individuals outside of the agency.
2. Responsible for organization and management of department files and documentation, related compliance monitoring, and assisting casework staff in obtaining, tracking, and collating necessary information and documentation.
3. Responsible for the completion and maintenance of necessary documentation for financial billing, specific services, client services, client expenditures, and tracking thereof.
4. Assist community service staff with visitation and appointment management as needed, including transportation for clients and families.
1. Minimum requirement of a high school diploma or GED.
2. Posses working knowledge of Word, Excel, and email systems, including skills to effectively navigate and utilize these programs productively and effectively.
3. Minimum of 21 years old.
4. Possess and utilize effective communication and interpersonal skills, presenting a professional model for clients and staff.
5. Have a willingness and ability to maintain an effective and productive team relationship with other agency staff.
Responsibilities include facilitating positive interactions among residents, teaching and promoting daily living skills, general supervision, and crisis management. Bachelor degree in a Human Services field or Psychology preferred, and experience working with disadvantaged youth helpful. Must be 21 years of age or older and have a current, valid Illinois driver’s license. Drug screening and criminal background check conducted. $11-$13.25 per hour starting wages. 4 day on/4 day off rotating schedule. Full benefit package including medical, dental and vision plans.
Please download our Application for Employment and respond in writing to:
Attention: Director of Human Resources
941 N. 2500 East Road
Assumption, IL 62510
or you may email it to: Brian.Traughber@kv.christian.k12.il.us
or Fax: 217-226-3511
Community Services Supervisor